activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jim Gomes (JIRA)" <jira+amq...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AMQNET-150) Unit test failures in the Durable Subscruber test
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:13:50 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-150?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=52006#action_52006
] 

Jim Gomes commented on AMQNET-150:
----------------------------------

The strange behavior you noted above regarding failure after running the virtual topic tests
has to do with a couple of factors.  One is the naming of the test topics.  I think the broker
was somehow treating them as virtual topics, rather than standard topics.  By renaming the
test topics, this issue is avoided.  The other occasional problem that could be seen (but
not reproduced reliably) is a race condition upon shutdown and start up of  the next test.
 The broker did not have sufficient time to remove the durable subscriber connection before
the next test would run and attempt to connect with the same subscriber ID.  This would cause
intermittent failures.  This problem is solved by turning off async-close via a URI parameter.

I have made some major refactoring and expansions of the unit tests in these areas.  By investigating
these issues, I found that the failover additions had actually broken regular URI parameter
parsing.  I have since beefed up the URI unit tests to make sure that this can be detected.

There are currently unit tests failing, but these are reliably reproduced, and are new unit
tests that I added.  The durable subscriber tests that are failing are the ones that are sending
non-persistent messages.  If the test sends a persistent message, then it works.  This was
a surprise failure to me, and there may be a logical reason for this.  I am checking in these
changes now, and associating the check-in with this JIRA.  I would like to close this JIRA
as resolved, and open new issues for the unit tests as needed.

Also, I have been getting much better unit test results when running against ActiveMQ 5.3-SNAPSHOT
(very recent build) than with ActiveMQ 5.2.0.

> Unit test failures in the Durable Subscruber test
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQNET-150
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-150
>             Project: ActiveMQ .Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.0
>         Environment: Windows .Net 3.5 and Mono 2.2  AMQ Broker v5.2
>            Reporter: Timothy Bish
>            Assignee: Jim Gomes
>             Fix For: 1.1
>
>
> The durable subscriber tests fails consistantly with the errors
> Apache.NMS.Test.ConsumerTest.TestDurableConsumerSelectorChange(False):
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.BrokerException : javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException : No durable
subscription exists for: ConsumerTestConsumerId
> Apache.NMS.Test.ConsumerTest.TestDurableConsumerSelectorChange(True):
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.BrokerException : org.apache.activemq.kaha.RuntimeStoreException
: java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file data-topic-acks--1

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message