activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load Balancing in Active MQ
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:05:50 GMT
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:44 AM, geenee1019<geenee1019@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone let me know how to do configure load balancing in Active MQ....
>
> My requirement in For example if a queue has received 5 messages means the
> next 5 messages has to be routed to another queue and so on....
>
> I was successfully able to achieve the failover scenario i.e ,if a queue
> fails the message will be routed to other queue...Now I want to know about
> load balancing.

What you're describing sounds like it would be controlled from the
client side. ActiveMQ doesn't determine on what queues messages are
sent. That is determined when a MessageProducer sends a message to a
queue as it must tell the Session to which destination a message is
being sent.

One thing you can do is use Apache Camel on the broker side to move
messages from one destination to another. And this can be configured
in the conf/activemq.xml configuration file. To see an example of
this, search the conf/activemq.xml file for camel.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder