activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Pollack <Mark.Poll...@springsource.com>
Subject RE: NMS 1.1.0 RC1 Available
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 02:59:21 GMT
Hi,

Another suggestion, the RC1 as well as the dlls that I've used from svn all have the identical
assembly version, 1.1.0.0.  Can the assembly revision be unique for each build/release.  This
makes it hard to identify version issue, both with what .NET framework is in use and what
exact version is being used, svn snapshot vs. RC1, vs. GA release.

There are several strategies here.  Sometimes people coerce the svn version number into the
assembly - though there is less range available in the assembly numbers.

I've used the following scheme in spring.net which you may find useful

Major.minor.patch - as you would normally, for example 1.1.1

And the assembly revision is calculated according to the scheme:

RRXXX where RR = framework number (1.0=10; 1.1=11; 2.0=20, 3.0=30, 3.5=35, etc.) and
XXX is the number of days from the year the project 'started', property project.year.

The following snippit in from NAnt will do this for you...

    <target name="generate-build-number">

    <script language="C#">
        <imports>
            <import namespace="System.Globalization" />
            <import namespace="System.Threading" />
        </imports>

        <code>
        <!-- format for assembly revision is RRXXX where RR = framework number (1.0=10;
1.1=11; 2.0=20, 3.0=30, 3.5=35, etc.) and
             XXX is the number of days from the year the project 'started', property project.year.
 -->
            <![CDATA[
                public static void ScriptMain(Project project) {

                    string frameworkRevisionNumber = project.Properties["nant.settings.currentframework.revisionnumber"];
                    int startYear = Convert.ToInt32(project.Properties["project.year"]);
                    DateTime start = new DateTime(startYear, 1, 1);
                    TimeSpan ts = DateTime.Now - start;
                    int days = ts.Days;
                    string version = project.Properties["package.version"].ToString() + "."
+ frameworkRevisionNumber + days.ToString();
                    project.Properties["project.version.numeric"] = version.ToString();

                }
            ]]>
        </code>

    </script>