activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Pollack <Mark.Poll...@springsource.com>
Subject RE: NMS 1.1.0 RC1 Available
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 02:40:32 GMT
Hi,

I agree, less .zip files would be appreciated.  Although I'm guilty of providing 'debug' and
'release' .dlls in Spring.NET, all that is really needed is a pdb with a release build.  That
would simplify the distribution further.

Cheers,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Bish [mailto:tabish121@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:53 AM
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: NMS 1.1.0 RC1 Available

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 07:15 -0700, Jim Gomes wrote:
> ***** ANNOUNCEMENT *****
>
> The Apache NMS 1.1.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available at the following
> location:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jgomes/nms_1.1.0
>
> The following projects are included:
>
> Apache.NMS
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ
> Apache.NMS.EMS
> Apache.NMS.MSMQ
> Apache.NMS.WCF
>
> There are release binaries and debug binaries (with PDBs) provided.  The
> binary ZIP files include pre-built assemblies for all of the platforms that
> are supported by each project (e.g., .NET 2.0, Mono, .NET 3.5, etc).  Not
> all projects support all platforms.  Please note that in order to use the
> Apache.NMS.EMS project files, you will need to provide your own copy of the
> TIBCO.EMS.dll, as this is a licensed 3rd Party application.
>
> Please report any issues or problems you have with these files.
>
> Best,
> Jim Gomes

Nice work Jim.

There certainly are a lot of Zip files, do you think perhaps it would
make sense to package all this as one archive for each of the projects,
or a source and binary for each?

I took a look at the log4net project and it looks like there they just
package everything into one file.

See:
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/download.html

Regards