activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksi Kallio <aleksi.kal...@csc.fi>
Subject Re: Why UseDedicatedTaskRunner is true by default?
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 13:38:00 GMT

Hi,

Aleksi Kallio wrote:

> Because of the excessive thread creation, using dedicated TaskRunners was
> also slower. If they are preferred, shouldn't temporary topics (and
> queues) be handled in a more lighweight manner?

My question did not arouse much interest, so I'll have a second go: Is
creating a lot of temporary topics (resulting in a lots of threads at the
broker) against the general design philosophy of JMS or ActiveMQ? In other
words, are we doing something stupid or is it just that the default value of
UseDedicatedTaskRunner is a bit counterintuitive?

Cheers,
Aleksi