activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Kingwulf <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Error building latest ActiveMQ from trunk
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 21:28:48 GMT

Hi All,

I am new at ActiveMQ and have been trying to build the source by following
http://activemq.apache.org/building.html.

However when I tried to run "mvn -Dtest=false -DfailIfNoTests=false clean
install" I kept getting this build error:

C:\dev\activemq\trunk>mvn -Dtest=false -DfailIfNoTests=false clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource 'org.apache:apache:pom:4' from repository
central (http://repo
1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Connection timed out: connect
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache:apache for project:
org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:
pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT for project
org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache:apache for pro
ject: org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT for project
org.apache.activemq:acti
vemq-parent:pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:432)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:300)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:137)
        at
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25
)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot find
parent: org.apache:ap
ache for project: org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT for
project org.apache.a
ctivemq:activemq-parent:pom:5.3-SNAPSHOT
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProj
ectBuilder.java:1398)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(DefaultMavenProjec
tBuilder.java:823)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal(Defa
ultMavenProjectBuilder.java:508)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder
.java:200)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:632)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:515)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:419)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
'org.apache:apache' not found
 in repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

  org.apache:apache:pom:4

from the specified remote repositories:
  hudson.snapshots
(https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

 for project org.apache:apache
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultM
avenProjectBuilder.java:605)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProj
ectBuilder.java:1394)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable to download the
 artifact from any repository

  org.apache:apache:pom:4

from the specified remote repositories:
  hudson.snapshots
(https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactRe
solver.java:228)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactRe
solver.java:90)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultM
avenProjectBuilder.java:558)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to
download the artifac
t from any repository
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManage
r.java:349)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactRe
solver.java:216)
        ... 20 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 21 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon May 18 14:26:53 PDT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]

I have been looking around in the forum and google and couldnt find a
solution.

Please let me know if I miss any step to build the latest ActiveMQ code.

Thanks,

Henry