activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Zielinski <zielu...@gmail.com>
Subject PooledConnectionFactory and consumer pooling
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:27:17 GMT

Hello,
 javadoc for PooledConnectionFactory (PCF) states that it should not be used
for consumer pooling but I need connection pooling when dealing with
publishers and subscribers using pure JMS API. I'd like to ask what is the
reason for not supporting this use case.

As I understand consumer pooling in this case means that multiple
connections are obtained from PCF, next some sessions are created using
those connection and finally MessageConsumers are created with
MessageListeners set.

The reason for my question is ExceptionListener handling in PooledConnection
(PC). Current implementation leads to listener overwrite when
setExceptionListener is called on connections created by PCF.