activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "L.Daigremont" <ldaigrem...@axway.com>
Subject We can freely delete queues with Administration tool
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:42:49 GMT

We noted that using the ActiveMQ Administration tool (which is reachable from
port 8161)
 we can "freely" delete the queues present into the broker.
   - even if it remains message into the queue.
   - even if consumer are still reading the queue.
Such a feature appears a little shocking provided the queue deleting is made
without any warning message toward the possibilities of: - message loss
                                    - disturbing a client activity which
reads the relevant queue.
Should that feature can be modified with at least the displaying of such a
warning in these cases where the queue could be considered as "busy".
This for security purposes, that can avoid unintentional disasters.

Thx
LD