activemq-dev mailing list archives

From bartol <tomislav.barto...@bss.hr>
Subject ActiveMQ as a market data streaming server
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:34:59 GMT

Hi,

could  ActiveMQ be used in a publish/subscribe scenario as a real-time stock
market data streaming server for large number (up to several thousand) of
subscribing clients?

The amount of messages generated by our  data source service that should be
dispatched to clients could get fairly high.

This page  http://activemq.apache.org/use-cases.html
http://activemq.apache.org/use-cases.html , mentions such usage scenario but
we've never used a message queue server for something similar.

Thanks for any information.