activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Chu <eric....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message brokerPath property change from 5.1 to 5.2
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:40:59 GMT
Hi,

Sorry, just writing the email has helped me find the issue:

AMQ 5.1 - org.apache.activemq.command.Message.java @ copy(Message)
        // copying the broker path breaks networks - if a consumer re-uses a
        // consumed
        // message and forwards it on
        // copy.brokerPath = brokerPath;

AMQ 5.2 - org.apache.activemq.command.Message.java @ copy(Message)
        copy.brokerPath = brokerPath;

Looks like copying of brokerPath was uncommented in 5.2. Looks like this
change has caused exactly what was commented into code in version 5.1. It
breaks the network of brokers and prevents message forwarding.

Best Regards,
Eric

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Eric Chu <eric.chu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was hoping that any developers that have experience developing on the
> brokerPath property of the Message object might be able to give me insight
> on something peculiar I am seeing in 5.1 versus 5.2.
>
> On 5.1, using a Network of 5 Brokers, this is a trace for a message hopping
> from broker to broker. But in the code, the brokerPath is always only 1
> entry. (note: the one brokerId entry in the brokerPath is always the
> brokerId of the previous broker the message had been on)
>
> PRODUCED > B1 > B4 > B3 > B1 > B4 > B2 > B1 > B3 > B4 >
B1 > B3 > B2 > B4
> > B5 > B3 > B4 > B5 > B1 > B2 > B5 > B3 > B2 > B5 >
B3 > B1 > B5 > B2 >