activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Chu <eric....@gmail.com>
Subject Message brokerPath property change from 5.1 to 5.2
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:28:51 GMT
Hi,

I was hoping that any developers that have experience developing on the
brokerPath property of the Message object might be able to give me insight
on something peculiar I am seeing in 5.1 versus 5.2.

On 5.1, using a Network of 5 Brokers, this is a trace for a message hopping
from broker to broker. But in the code, the brokerPath is always only 1
entry. (note: the one brokerId entry in the brokerPath is always the
brokerId of the previous broker the message had been on)

PRODUCED > B1 > B4 > B3 > B1 > B4 > B2 > B1 > B3 > B4 > B1 >
B3 > B2 > B4 >
B5 > B3 > B4 > B5 > B1 > B2 > B5 > B3 > B2 > B5 > B3 > B1
> B5 > B2 >
DELIVERED

On 5.2, using a Network of 5 Brokers, this is a trace for a message hopping
from broker to broker. But in this case, the brokerPath grows and persists
which broker it had been on originally.

PRODUCED > B5 > B3 > B1 > B2 > DELIVERED
PRODUCED > B5 > B3 > B1 > B2 > B4 > ORPHANED

I'm wondering if this change in the functionality of the brokerPath has
inadvertently introduced the following bug (
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2135). Any insight would be
appreciated, I am actively trying to solve this one.

Best Regards,
Eric