activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: ActiveMQ/Thrift action item from board_minutes_2009_01_21.txt
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:14:58 GMT
For those not following board@apache.org. Not exactly sure why this
wasn't just brought up on the dev list, but here it is anyway...


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
Date: 2009/2/23
Subject: ActiveMQ/Thrift action item from board_minutes_2009_01_21.txt
To: board <board@apache.org>


Hi,

Under "B. Apache ActiveMQ Project" in [1] it says "Bertrand to inquire
as to whether Thrift is being considered".

IIRC, during that meeting it was Greg who brought up that issue, and
we agreed that we didn't want the board to make that suggestion to
ActiveMQ - we felt that it was better for Greg to make the suggestion
as himself, as opposed to the board.

Just wanted to clarify that - part of that discussion might have
happened on the IRC backchannel, so apologies if I didn't make it
clear enough during that meeting. I think it's better for the board
not to interfere with project's technical decisions, as much as
possible. And I wouldn't be able to argue for that case as I know
little about either ActiveMQ or Thrift.

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2009/board_minutes_2009_01_21.txt



-- 
James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Mime
View raw message