activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:25:57 GMT
On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 07:17 -0800, dj9 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just started looking at using ActiveMQ and it's associated clients
> but am having some trouble with CMS on windows which hopefully somebody can
> shed some light on for me.
>
> I want to use ActiveMQ and CMS to allow Windows (MFC) applications to talk
> (simple text) to each other and to other Linux applications (will be using
> Perl/Ruby client for Linux side).  From the examples available I can see
> that this is done easily within Ruby and Perl using Stomp and I have see
> Visual Studio (v2005) is supported for CMS.  I want to create a class using
> CMS which the Windows MFC applications can use to talk to each other and to
> the Linux applications via ActiveMQ.  I have downloaded the the latest
> version of ActiveMQ-CPP (v2.2.3) and have built the projects
> (vs2005-activemq, vs2005-activemq-example,
> vs2005-activemq-integration-tests, vs2005-activemq-unittests) within the
> supplied source using MS Visual Studio 2005.  I had to change the project
> setup slightly to be able to find all the referenced library directories and
> dlls where I'd installed the required tools, but aside from that didn't have
> to change much in the project.  Below is a list of the tools and their
> versions I'm using in my setup:
> ActiveMQ-CPP (v2.2.3)
> apr (v1.3.3)
> apr-iconv (v1.2.1)
> apr-util (v1.3.4)
> cppunit (v1.12.1)
>
> My issue is that I cannot run the example projects either in debug or
> release mode, as I get the following Windows error "The procedure entry
> point _apr_pool_create_unmanaged_ex@12 could not be located in the dynamic
> link library libapr-1.dll".  However this does seem to be available and
> exists within the libapr-1.dll so I am confused as to what the issue is, can
> anybody see what I've done wrong?
>
> Is what I am trying to achieve reasonable?  Should I be trying to solve my
> problem in another way?

Your setup seems reasonable and looks to mirror the versions that I use
on my windows install so I'm not sure why its not able to find that
method.  The first thing that comes to mind is that the loader is
finding an older version of APR's dll, you don't have any others laying
around that could be picked up on the system path do you?

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com