activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Lloyd" <jll...@silvertailsystems.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 2.2.3
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:01:12 GMT
I have a criticism of one aspect of installation. I would like to be able to
have multiple installs of activemq-cpp, and then switch between them by
changing one symlink, and then rebuilding my source tree. Currently my
makefiles define the include path for activemq-cpp like this:

    -I/nas/local/activemq-cpp-2.2.3/include/activemq-cpp-2.2.3 \

Note that the version number must appear twice. If it only appeared in the
root directory, and not again in the include directory, then I could do
something like this:

    -I/nas/local/activemq-cpp/include/activemq-cpp

Now the directory /nas/local/activemq-cpp could be a symlink to
/nas/local/activemq-cpp-2.2.3

Note that APR and APR-UTIL seem to do the right thing. They include a
version number on the directory below include, but only the major version
number is given on that directory:

    -I/nas/local/apr/include/apr-1 \
    -I/nas/local/apr-util/include/apr-1 \

For those two, I can have symlinks 'apr -> apr-1.3.3' and 'apr-util ->
apr-util-1.3.4'.

Can we change activemq-cpp configuration&installation so that it uses the
same convention? I'd like my makefiles to define the include path like this:

    -I/nas/local/activemq-cpp/include/activemq-cpp-2

Jim Lloyd