activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 2.2.3
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:46:08 GMT

> Am I perhaps missing some better way to have multiple versions installed? I
> believe that if I installed several versions using the same PREFIX that I
> would end up with one version of the libraries but multiple copies of the
> includes.

For the C++ client its a bit harder to install multiple versions since
almost all of our releases so far are binary incompatible with the
previous ones, unlike APR which can guarantee that anything written for
1.2 for example will still with a 1.3 install.

Something you might be able to do is install as you've done already so
your CPP code would live in:

	/nas/local/activemq-cpp-2.2.3

Then you can link to it like this

	/nas/local/activemq-cpp -> /nas/local/activemq-cpp-2.2.3

Then in your makefile you can take advantage of the script that is
installed in the bin dir of each install of ActiveMQ-CPP to find out the
build options.  In the bin dir there is a script called
activemqcpp-config, you can run it to get info like this:

[tabish@office bin]$ ./activemqcpp-config --libs
-L/opt/local/lib -lactivemq-cpp
[tabish@office bin]$ ./activemqcpp-config --cflags
-I/opt/local/include/activemq-cpp-3.0-SNAPSHOT
[tabish@office bin]$ ./activemqcpp-config --version
3.0-SNAPSHOT

You makefile could just reference:

	/nas/local/activemq-cpp/activemqcpp-config

Would that solve the problem for you ?

Regards
Tim.

--