activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dejan Bosanac" <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ loading and persistence to MySQL
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:31:31 GMT
Hi Ceriac,

there is no problem with ActiveMQ if there are no messages. The default tcp
transport sends so called keep-alive packets to keep the connection alive.
The only problem could be that your clients loose the network connection to
the broker so that these keep-alive packets could not be exchanged.

As for your other questions, it all depends on how you want to build your
solution. You can use pure JMS, or you can use Jencks and Spring to add some
layer on top of it (for easier programming). Finally, you can try using
Camel to achive all of this. For example, look at the following components:

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/http.html
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/sql-component.html
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/file.html

Cheers