activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Ceriac <semanticw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ loading and persistence to MySQL
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 16:12:29 GMT

Further to Dejan's feedback, I would say that I am leaning towards Camel.
Owing to the nature of my problem, I will need to write to two queues (one
for a file based destination and the other for a MySQL db destination).

I have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Do I need to use Apache Mina for my TCP socket connection to load the
data into the two queues?

2. Also, how do I go about writing to two queues in Camel simultaneously for
the destinations above?

Thanks and regards,
Ceriac

Ceriac wrote:

> Hi Dejan,
> I am leaning towards Camel. Owing to the nature of my problem, I will need
> to write to two queues (one for a file based destination and the other for
> a MySQL db destination).
>
> 1. Do I need to use Mina for my TCP socket connection to load the data
> into the two queues?
>
> 2. Also, how do I go about writing to two queues in Camel for the
> destinations above?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Ceriac
>
> Dejan Bosanac wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ceriac,
>>
>> there is no problem with ActiveMQ if there are no messages. The default
>> tcp
>> transport sends so called keep-alive packets to keep the connection
>> alive.
>> The only problem could be that your clients loose the network connection
>> the broker so that these keep-alive packets could not be exchanged.
>>
>> As for your other questions, it all depends on how you want to build your
>> solution. You can use pure JMS, or you can use Jencks and Spring to add
>> some
>> layer on top of it (for easier programming). Finally, you can try using
>> Camel to achive all of this. For example, look at the following
>> components:
>>
>> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/http.html
>> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/sql-component.html
>> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/file.html
>>

>> Cheers
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>>
>> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Ceriac <semanticweb1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> My problem is as follows:
>>> I need to pull comma separated text using TCP sockets from a web site
>>> and
>>> persist it to a log and a MySQL database. Each message will be at most
>>> 500
>>> bytes and there can be between 0 and 160 messages per second. However
>>> the
>>> system will send heartbeats every 60 seconds if no messages are sent.
>>> I read on this forum that ActiveMQ errors out if no messages are
>>> received
>>> in