activemq-dev mailing list archives

From daven1986 <daven.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Networked brokers - a few questions
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:56:46 GMT

Hi,

I have a few questions about message routing and broker networks.
The layout I am talking about is one like this:

broker A ---> producer, producer, consumer

broker B ---> producer, consumer

broker C ---> producer, consumer, consumer

I want to optimise the performance when a consumer connected to broker A
wants to consume messages of a certain topic, and a producer connected to
broker C is producing these messages. I was thinking about extending the
DemandForwardingBridge class and overriding any necessary methods. I want to
be able to maintain a list of remote brokers and the topics the consumers of
each broker are subscribed to, at each broker. I also want to be able to
hold a list of routes to each broker. These will be called upon to decide
where to send each message.

My questions are:
1) How does ActiveMQ currently handle such a situation?
2) Would my method be the correct way of going about this?
3) As far as I understand it, when a connection is made broker to broker the
"start" method of the network bridge is called, and then to send a message
it calls the "oneway" method of the transport on the required connection. Is
this correct?
4) How would I configure the brokers to use my new network bridge when I
implement it?

Many thanks

Daven