activemq-dev mailing list archives

From NNNZZZ <nz...@gettailgate.com>
Subject javax.jms.JMSException: No original destination for message:
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:03:44 GMT

Hello there,

I am trying to stop the consumers from listening without stopping them.

To do so I am changing the message selector on the consumer (to 1 > 1).

However when I change it back (to 1 = 1) the pending messages are not
resent. I need to actually recreate the container and the consumer (I am
using spring.Net) and the the pending messages are resent.

To overcome this I to get the pending messages Ids (which I got from JVM)
and then invoke the retryMessage message of
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue (got that object from JVM\JMx as
well).

However when I do so I am getting the following error:

javax.jms.JMSException: No original destination for message:
05d79c66-be01-4db1-adc6-73384475a6f9:1:1:1

Does anyone know why this error is happening and whether I should have
called retryMessage in the first place, or should I call another method?

Lastly? Is there a better why to stop getting messages without stopping the
process of current messages within the consumers? (stopping container kills
the threads and messages that are already in process fail..)

Thanks