activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing a new protocol
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:31:45 GMT
2008/11/26 daven1986 <daven.gahir@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am doing a project to implement a new protocol for activeMQ. I was hoping
> someone would confirm for me if I just have to implement "Transport",
> "Tasks", "Transport Server", and extend "TransportFactory" or are there any
> other things I need to do to implement the protocol? The above classes /
> interfaces are from the implementation of "VM".

BTW what kind of protocol were you thinking of? Only its often easier
for protocols which don't fit neatly to something like STOMP /
OpenWire to write a Camel Component instead then bridge it to/from
ActiveMQ destinations...

from("myProtocol:something").to("activemq:SomeQueue");

e.g. see the existing protocols covered...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/components.html

here's a guide on writing components...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/writing-components.html

if its a new network protocol; you could just write a MINA codec and
reuse the existing MINA component then most of the hard work is done
for you
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/mina.html

e.g. the HL7 component is built this way...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/hl7.html

--
James
-------