activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject New AcitveMQ HA Option: KahaDB
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:29:59 GMT
Hi Guys,

I just got done committing a new module into ActiveMQ trunk which I
think you guys may find interesting.  It's a new file based message
store called KahaBD and meant to be the successor to the default Kaha
message store that is now included in the ActiveMQ 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2
release.  Unlike the original Kaha implementation, KahaDB has super
fast crash recovery and it's much more space efficient in it's index
allocation.  But the really exciting part is that it has low level
data replication built into which is much more elegant and has better
performance than the Current built in Master Slave option.

For details on it's benefits and how to set it up, check out:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/KahaDB+Master+Slave

I would love it if folks could test it out and start reporting any
issues they see with it.  Hopefully we can make this the default
persistence option for ActiveMQ 6.0, or maybe even 5.3 if it gets
enough early testing.

--
Regards,
Hiram