activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Connector 1.6 security import context and AMQ
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:58:39 GMT
Sound interesting.

I would recommend just having a producer attach a signature of the
message body to a well known message property.  The inflow code could
inspect to see that property is set, and if so, then verify the
signature.  I'm guessing you get 2 things from this.. #1 is you get
the identity of the sender, and #2 that at least the body content was
not tampered with.

The nice thing about that is you can then just implement on top of the
existing system (i.e. old clients can participate) and we can enhance
the next version of the client to auto sign, and auto do signature
checks in the JMS client libary so it's more transparent to the user.
Client would just need to pass in the cert info to the Connection
Factory.

What do you think?

--
Regards,