activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ellis <m...@danellis.co.uk>
Subject Patch for NMS ConnectionFactory problem with ASP.NET
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:30:42 GMT

Hello,

Good to see the NMS trunk is back up to speed and passing the unit tests.
This morning I had a problem getting the connection factory to work within
ASP.NET and believe it may not be possible with the current implementation.

Currently the function 'LookupConnectionFactoryInfo' obtains the path to the
nmsprovider.config file by looking in the directory of the currently
executing assembly.  However ASP.NET does not run the assembly where the DLL
is located.  Instead the DLL is copied to a path deep within the ASP.NET
temporary files folder.

The attached patch now checks three folders:-

* Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
* AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory;
* AppDomain.CurrentDomain.RelativeSearchPath;

I have tested this and it now works with both a service and an asp.net
webapp.  I have done my best not to break the compact framework build, but
have not managed to build that yet.  Is this a suitable implementation?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20563084/NMSConnectionFactory-aspnet.patch
NMSConnectionFactory-aspnet.patch

Regards,
Dan