activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Tully" <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:43:07 GMT
2008/10/18 honeybun <jsands@biobex.com>:

> A few issues when using the new sslContext support.
>
>  - the default client.ks/broker.ks are self signed, fails I get PKIX
> validation exceptions on startup (I think).  If I use proper certs (signed
> by a CA) then no exceptions.

the default certs are really only used (sufficient) for unit testing.

>  - The <sslContext> under <broker> seems to be evaluated immediately when
> the bean is read in, rather than when it is used to start the broker.  This
> makes it difficult to have a sslContext params that comes out of a database
> (which I tried to do).  If the sslcontext was evaluated lazily, the
> application could lookup some of the parameters from the DB and modify the
> bean before trying to start the embedded broker.

The context is lazily initialised, on the first call to getSSLContext,
which will be called the first time an ssl transport factory does some
work.
see source: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/SslContext.java