activemq-dev mailing list archives

From honeybun <jsa...@biobex.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:42:15 GMT

A few issues when using the new sslContext support.

 - the default client.ks/broker.ks are self signed, fails I get PKIX
validation exceptions on startup (I think).  If I use proper certs (signed
by a CA) then no exceptions.

 - The <sslContext> under <broker> seems to be evaluated immediately when
the bean is read in, rather than when it is used to start the broker.  This
makes it difficult to have a sslContext params that comes out of a database
(which I tried to do).  If the sslcontext was evaluated lazily, the
application could lookup some of the parameters from the DB and modify the
bean before trying to start the embedded broker.

 - plain-text passwords for the keystore in the xml config file, typically
not a good thing.  I'm not sure how this is viewed within the apache dev
community.

 - wish there was a way to lookup the SSL context using JNDI so it could be
provisioned by the app server.