activemq-dev mailing list archives

From rmh1 <robhi...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding the JNDI.properties file to an enterprise application
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:20:34 GMT

Hi All,

I am trying to create a simple application (as an .ear) - the application
has a MDB that listens to a queue, when a message comes in, it looks in a
response folder and writes a message to a response queue.

I am deploying on Websphere App Server, and have set up the ActiveMQ config
linking the queues with WAS. I write a message to my input queue, i can see
from teh logs that it is picked up by the MDB, identified and a response
message is found and it then tries to write the message to the response
queue but it fails.

I know the queue and its config is working fine as i can use the same queue
for other apps - so my thought is, although i have added my JNDI properties
to WAS (hence the inbound queue/listener operations work) do I also need to
add my jndi.properties to my .EAR file also?

If this is the case, how can I do this? I have read that sometimes it is
possible to make a .jar of the file and include that... is it possible to
create a .jar from just a properties file?

Thanks!