activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web service through AMQ or to IIS
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:53:55 GMT
2008/9/11 whitewaterbug <jaynryan@gmail.com>:

> I have an option of writing a web service in IIS that sits in front of a
> microsoft SDK
>
> or
>
> I could have a web service running within AMQ and have it connect to the SDK
> via CMS or NMS.
>
> Any pros/cons to consider here?

I'm not really sure what your requirements are and what you're trying to do.

Do you want to use the ActiveMQ message broker? If so I'd recommend
using CMS/NMS as then you can use the benefits of MOM such as
asynchrony, transactions and efficiency; using a WS to talk to a
message queue kinda ends up with the worst of both worlds; I'd
recommend either using a message queue or just using WS (and figuring
out how to deal with reliability, concurrency, ordering et al
yourself).

--
James
-------