activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DestinationStatistics
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:32:45 GMT
2008/9/10 Andruil <curtisbarrett2@hotmail.com>:

> Have you read the JMX information describing the available mbeans and
> their object names etc?
> http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html
>

> I have read through them but I don't understand how to create them.  Is
> there any tutorials on how to create a Destination MBean?

You don't create them, you look them up in JMX. Maybe start here?
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jmx.html

> One other thing I don't quite understand is what the broker is for.

Its the ActiveMQ message broker - the server which routes messages around.

You don't create any of the JMX MBeans - you just look them up. Start
by using JConsole to connect to the broker's JVM and browsing around -
before you try writing any Java code.

--
James
-------