activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Stomp v1.1 Thoughts
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:18:26 GMT
Good start!

How about you also put those ideas somewhere on the wiki at:
http://stomp.codehaus.org/

Some of the things I see missing in STOMP are:
- Optional Keep Alive protocol.  Right now we have to depend on the OS
to detect socket failure to time out a dead client.  Would be nice if
the client could optionally agree to send a Keep Alive commands when
the connection is idle.  That way the sever can detect dead clients
quicker.
- Perhaps standardize a 'host' header in the CONNECT frame to specify
the host name that the client is connecting to.  This would allow
implementing virtual hosting where multiple DNS host entries point at
the same STOMP server.

Regards,
Hiram

--