activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ release process - two queries
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:28:55 GMT
+1

I think most folks understand that a:
 * x or x.0 release is a major release, may not be backward compatible
with previous releases.
 * x.y or x.y.0 is a minor release with bug fixes some enhancements
but is backward compatible with x.0
 * x.y.z is bug fix release which should only contain bug fixes and is
just used to stabilize the x.y.0 release

but of consistency we should include all 3 number in the release so a
major would be x.0.0

--
Regards,
Hiram