activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DestinationStatistics
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 17:37:31 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Andruil <curtisbarrett2@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to get the JMS statistics mentioned
> http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/05/activemq-5.1-release here  but I'm running
> around in circles trying to figure out how to access it.  As far as I can
> tell the info I want is located in the DestinationStatistics class but I
> cannot figure out how to get it populated.
>
> It seems to me that I need a broker.region.Destination but so far all I can
> seem to find is a javax.jms.Destination from the ActiveMQQueue.
>
> Sigh I know what I want (Statistics / Queue Statistics) and I know it is
> possible but I am more than a bit lost as to how to get those statistics.
> Any help would be appreciated.

These statistics are published via the JMX instrumentation. You can
view them using any JMX tool like Jconsole or you can access them
programmatically using the JMX APIs. I've published an example of how
to use the JMX APIs here:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=amqjmxexampletest.java#query:amqjmxexampletest.java+page:1+mid:us7q7dgdinp2sfo6+state:results

Bruce
);'