activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ release process - two queries
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:28:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:32 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In cutting a first release candidate of AMQ 5.2 two small issues arise
> that mean a re-cut.
>
> 1) I accepted the maven release default version numbers, and based of
> the parent pom the svn tag is activemq-parent-5.2.
> I guess I should have inserted a different value at the prompt during
> release to make it activemq-5.2 , but is a little error prone.
> I am wondering if the parent pom changed its name to activemq, how
> damaging would that be?
> From a release perspective, it means that we just hit return (accept
> defaults) during the release execution.
> Maven activemq dependencies are typically on activemq-core. Would
> anyone notice a change to the name of the parent pom?

The assembly is named apache-activemq so I don't think we should
change the name of the activemq-parent to just activemq. We should
just document this in the release guide:

http://activemq.apache.org/release-guide.html#ReleaseGuide-CreatingtheActiveMQ5.xand4.xRelease,Newmethodusingreleaseandstagingplugins

> 2) the number of digits in the version number, why the extra 0?
> I see 4.1, then 5.1.0, but in the poms, we have 5.2. Has this been
> discussed and what is the outcome? I like the idea of keeping the
> version digits at a minimum.
> 5.1, 5.1.0, 5.1.1 etc. but not 5.1.0.

+1 for continuing the use of three digit versioning.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/