activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to intercept the creation of ActiveMQConnections?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:32:29 GMT
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:38 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
> yea, intercept the accept listener for the TcpTransportConnector.
>
> This would be a nice feature to help throttle cpu usage by the broker.
> Imagine a hardware load balancer infront of a bunch of brokers,
> setting a max_concurrent_connections limit on the
> TcpTransportConnector would allow the loadbalancer to redistribute the
> connection attempt to another broker and each broker could be limited
> as appropriate.

Correct, the idea is that this feature will offer multiple limiting
strategies, one of which will utilize the Usage objects to limit the
amount of resource usage. But I need to figure out how best to handle
a connection refusal so that the client will try again.

> To maintain a count of active connections, it will be necessary to
> track connection close events also of course.
> Nearly seems like a job for a server socket factory.

Right, this is why the BrokerFilter methods seemed so appropriate, but
it doesn't cover this type of connectivity.

> 2008/9/3 Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>:
>> Then your going to have to stop/suspend the Accept thread for the
>> server socket or accept the connection but then shut it down.

Yeah, I already had looked there but assumed that there must be a
better way. I'll go back to that.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/