activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Gomes" <e.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ release process - two queries
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:02:15 GMT
Hi Gary,
I don't know anything about the ActiveMQ release process, but I will
chime-in on the version numbering.  I think the three-digit numbering should
be kept.  It makes things very consistent.  I am not a fan of long strings
of version numbers, but I think the three digits are the minimum necessary
to convey all of the import information about the build.  If we know that
there might be minor rev numbers (i.e., the third digit), then that number
should always be present for easier sorting/comparison either by a human or
a computer.

That's my $0.02.0 cents.  :)

- Jim