activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Tully" <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ release process - two queries
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:32:58 GMT
Hi,
In cutting a first release candidate of AMQ 5.2 two small issues arise
that mean a re-cut.

1) I accepted the maven release default version numbers, and based of
the parent pom the svn tag is activemq-parent-5.2.
I guess I should have inserted a different value at the prompt during
release to make it activemq-5.2 , but is a little error prone.
I am wondering if the parent pom changed its name to activemq, how
damaging would that be?
>From a release perspective, it means that we just hit return (accept
defaults) during the release execution.
Maven activemq dependencies are typically on activemq-core. Would
anyone notice a change to the name of the parent pom?

2) the number of digits in the version number, why the extra 0?
I see 4.1, then 5.1.0, but in the poms, we have 5.2. Has this been
discussed and what is the outcome? I like the idea of keeping the
version digits at a minimum.
5.1, 5.1.0, 5.1.1 etc. but not 5.1.0.

FWIW, the current candidate is at:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.2