activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rob Davies (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Assigned: (AMQ-1281) Better WAR building for the WebConsole
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 05:39:52 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1281?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Rob Davies reassigned AMQ-1281:
-------------------------------

    Assignee: James Strachan

> Better WAR building for the WebConsole
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-1281
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1281
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Broker
>         Environment: any
>            Reporter: Mario Siegenthaler
>            Assignee: James Strachan
>             Fix For: 5.2.0
>
>         Attachments: webconsole-patch.txt
>
>
> The webconsole can be deployed in any webcontainer and is also started by default within
the broker. However the building and configuration process is unclear.
> * To resolve that issue I added some documentation about how to run the war in an external
servlet container and changed some default setting. Also I changed the version that is started
within the broker to the invm version instead of the 'custom' configuration that was previously
included in the assembly/src/release/webapp/WEB-INF.
> * The maven jetty:run on the web-console project will still start up the embedded version,
but I fixed the bug that caused it to leak sessions (switched to the spring-2.0 syntax for
the configuration file).
> * I removed some JARs from the WEB-INF/lib of the war because they should be provided
by the servlet container. This affects some specifications (JMX, JMS), the activation-jar
and, most important, the activemq-core jar.
> I hope this does the job and makes the deployment experience for the users easier.
> Note: I had some problems putting together the patch as my subversion (or my inability
to communicate with it) insisted on leaving out some files I created :) I think they're all
in now, but I'm not sure. So if anything is missing... :)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message