activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dejan Bosanac (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (AMQ-1326) Move/Copy feature for web console
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:27:52 GMT


Dejan Bosanac resolved AMQ-1326.

      Assignee: Dejan Bosanac
    Resolution: Fixed

Patch applied (with a few more code improvements) in SVN revision 700405

> Move/Copy feature for web console
> ---------------------------------
>                 Key: AMQ-1326
>                 URL:
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 5.0.0
>            Reporter: Dejan Bosanac
>            Assignee: Dejan Bosanac
>             Fix For: 5.3.0
>         Attachments: activemq-core.patch, activemq-web-console.patch
> I've added message copy and move funcionality to the web console. For now it is only
applied to the message.jsp page, since I think it is not a good fit the browse page interface
(we can add some bulk copy/move messages operations later). 
> I'm not sure what's your opinion on JS confirmation dialogs, but I generally think we
should have some kind of user confirmation for operations such as delete, copy, move, etc
(queues, topics, messages, ...) . I've added some JS code for these new operations and would
provide additional confirmations for existing operations if it is OK with you. I've put all
JS code in the common.js as it seemed the most appropriate place for it (maybe we could create
a new file for this kind of JS code, but I think it is not necessary).
> While working on this, I found a potential problem in activemq-core module. A patch for
it is also attached to this issue. The bug scenario is as follows:
> 1. create two queues
> 2. send text message using the web console
> 3. try to copy/move the message 
> the null pointer exception is thrown.
> the same code used to copy the message in a test case works fine.
> After investigating a bit, I found that problem is caused by the fact that message sent
through web console has responseRequired property set to false and it is tried to be dispatched
asynchronously using the context without a valid connection. I saw the code similar to the
problematic is used elsewhere in the class but only for expired messages, so I've
added an additional condition. I'm not sure if it is valid patch, but it solved this particular
problem. It would be good if someone could investigate this further.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message