activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to intercept the creation of ActiveMQConnections?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:03:24 GMT
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:43 AM, James Strachan
<james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> The broker doesn't know about a client side connection object until its started

I guess that's because there's no knowledge of the broker until that
point. Is that correct? Hmmm :-(.

It seems to me that we should be able to intercept the initial request
to create a connection instead of waiting for the client to call
start(). I'd like to add a call to BrokerFilter.addConnection()
earlier in the process. Is there any exposure of a Broker sooner than
the creation of a TransportConnection?

Well even so, a call to ActiveMQConnection.start() does not call down
into the BrokerFilter.addConnection() method anywhere in the process.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/