activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject How to intercept the creation of ActiveMQConnections?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:33:55 GMT
I've created a BrokerFilter for limiting the number the connections
the broker will hand out by overriding the
BrokerFilter.addConnection() and BrokerFilter.removeConnection()
methods. What I've found is that these two methods are not used to
intercept the creation of ActiveMQConnections via the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory.

To test my BrokerFilter, I'm creating connections using the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection() method and this path does
not call BrokerFilter.addConnection(). What I've found is that the
BrokerFilter.addConnection() method is called when a
TransportConnection is created not when an ActiveMQConnection (and
therefore a Transport) is created. So is there a way to intercept the
creation of ActiveMQConnections from the ActiveMQConnectionFactory?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/