activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Srini.Jill" <>
Subject How and Where to set asyncSend attribute ?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:31:17 GMT

Hi ,

I am doing the bench mark  testing for the Active MQ5.1 .

I am using a standalone ActiveMQ server and consumer and producer clients
from the Performance plugin of the activeMQ.

While surfing the documentation , i figured out that setting the
useAsyncSend=true will boost the performance .

I have a couple of questions regarding the same.

1) How to set this property ?

2) Where to set this property ? if it is at the server side , where exactly
in the activemq.xml

I have tried by setting in the transportConnectors elements of the

         <transportConnector name="openwire"
discoveryUri="multicast://default" />

and in the client side ,

 mvn activemq-perf:consumer

 mvn activemq-perf:producer

I could able to generate the report but in the reports i could see
useAsyncSen=false and the through put is also very low.

Please let me know , how to test the performance with useAsyncSen=true on a
standalone installation .