activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Srini.Jill" <srini....@gmail.com>
Subject How and Where to set asyncSend attribute ?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:31:17 GMT

Hi ,

I am doing the bench mark  testing for the Active MQ5.1 .

I am using a standalone ActiveMQ server and consumer and producer clients
from the Performance plugin of the activeMQ.

While surfing the documentation , i figured out that setting the
useAsyncSend=true will boost the performance .

http://activemq.apache.org/connection-configuration-uri.html

I have a couple of questions regarding the same.

1) How to set this property ?

2) Where to set this property ? if it is at the server side , where exactly
in the activemq.xml

I have tried by setting in the transportConnectors elements of the
activemq.xml.

<transportConnectors>
         <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true"
discoveryUri="multicast://default" />
</transportConnectors>

and in the client side ,

 mvn activemq-perf:consumer
-Durl=broker:tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true
-DsysTest.propsConfigFile=src/main/resources/consumer-conf/AMQ-Cons-5-1-queue.properties

 mvn activemq-perf:producer
-Durl=broker:tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true
-DsysTest.propsConfigFile=src/main/resources/producer-conf/AMQ-Cons-5-1-queue.properties

I could able to generate the report but in the reports i could see
useAsyncSen=false and the through put is also very low.

Please let me know , how to test the performance with useAsyncSen=true on a
standalone installation .

Regards,
Jill