activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jmagdaleno <jmagdal...@columbususa.com>
Subject Career Opportunity - JAVA - NASA's JPL (Pasadena, CA)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:14:35 GMT

Hello group,

I am a recruiter for Columbus Technologies and Services and we are
aggressively looking for a Software Engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion
Laboratory in Pasadena, Ca.  This is a fully benefited contract (W2)
position that is up to 3 years in length, with the potential to become
permanent.

If you are interested please forward your resume and pay history for the
past 2 years so I can submit to the technical manager for review.

For more information regarding Columbus Technologies please visit our
website at www.columbuswest.com. If you are not interested but know someone
that may be a good fit, feel free to pass my contact information along.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Regards,
James Magdaleno
Technical Recruiter
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc.
P: (626) 795-3556 EXT 124
F: (626) 583-4448
jmagdaleno@columbuswest.com

=====================================
Our careers page (http://careers.columbuswest.com) is updated daily, please
check it often for more opportunities!

Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), a division of the California Institute of
Technology, is a lead research and development center of the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).  The Laboratory is located on a
176-acre site in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains near Pasadena,
California.

As NASA’s lead center for deep space robotic exploration, JPL is a
professional home for people who enjoy playing a part in the discovery of
the universe.  If you share our passion, we invite you to do a little
exploration of your own and find a career opportunity that will have you
seated squarely at history’s table.

Software Engineer
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Permanent Residency or US Citizenship REQUIRED
Pasadena, CA
Description

Software Engineer Significant experience in software development/software
support or related experience. 3+ years experience in the
development/support of a system based on a message bus data communication
pattern. Substantial recent experience configuring and writing
publishers/listeners for a Java Message Bus (JMS). Recent programming
experience in Linux and Java. Strong experience tailoring an existing
application to meet specific user needs. Excellent oral and written
communication skills.

Desire: Experience with generating XML and use of XML within software
applications. Recent experience programming in the Python scripting
language. Experience writing applications that process spacecraft telemetry
data based on CCSDS standards. Experience configuring, optimizing and
interfacing to the ActiveMQ message bus. Experience working with a MySQL
database.

Will: Reports to the supervisor of the Distributed Systems Technology Group
in the Flight Software and Data Systems Section. Will perform new
development, system performance analysis and support of the Mars Science
Laboratory (MSL) Ground Data System. Support the MSL ActiveMQ message bus by
acquiring and developing tools as necessary for problem diagnosis and
performance tuning purposes. Working with MSL Testbed users, tailor the
ActiveMQ message bus to meet project performance requirements. Prototype and
test new message bus configurations. Work with MSL Testbed users and GDS
developers as needed to rapidly support new user requirements.