activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject AMQ-1866: Muliple consumers on a queue and only run as fast as the slowest consumer
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:28:42 GMT
Hi Guys,

I looking for feed back and potential solutions for AMQ-1866:

I think the issue revolves around how ActiveMQ 5.x pages and
dispatches messages to consumers. Every queue keeps list of paged in
messages which defaults to 100 max entires. It round robins
dispatching messages between consumers, even the slow consumers. Once
the slow consumer gets 100 dispatched messages which it has not yet
acked due to it being slow, then no further messages are paged in
since the page in list is full.

It would be nice if someone else can confirm my analysis of the
problem before we start diving into possible ways of fixing it.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com