activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <dejan.bosa...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ JNDI Tutorial
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:50:43 GMT
Hi

> (1). Is it possible to have the jndi.properties file anywhere we wish
> and let the InitialContextFactory know where it is?(rather than having
> it in the classpath)

You can always load properties from custom file (using
java.util.Properties) and initialize InitialContext with those properties.

> (2). What is the purpose of having connectionFactoryNames in
> jndi.properties?. It allows us to have custom JNDI connection factory
> names?

You can configure multiple connection factories and lookup the one you
need, e.g.

ConnectionFactory factory = ctx.lookup("factory001");

Hope this help

BTW. I updated docs with the link to the source distribution
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/JNDI+Support)

Cheers

--
Dejan Bosanac