activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Danish Ahmed <danish_ahme...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple Network Brokers
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:00:59 GMT

Hi All
I have a query about ActiveMQ load balancing. I want to know that does
ActiveMQ supports multiple ActiveMQ brokers in LAN network to support load
balancing like TIBCO Rendezvous?
For example i have 2 mahines on LAN. I run one instance of ActiveMQ on each
machine. I have two client programs of ActiveMQ one is publisher and the
other is subscriber. I run publisher on one machine and subscriber on
another machine. Publisher is connected to its local ActiveMQ broker and
Subscriber is connected to its local ActiveMQ broker. Now if the publisher
sends a message on a topic to which the subscriber is listening, does
subscriber gets the message or not? Please reply in both cases. if yes then
please tell me how i achive this. The picture of scenario is like this:

      same mahine              LAN                same machine
Publihser<-----> ActiveMQ<----> ActiveMQ <---->Subscriber

So is it possible that publisher and subscriber communicate with each other?