activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ryarger <richard.yar...@gmail.com>
Subject 5.1.0: AbstractStoreCursor.size gets out of synch with Store size and blocks consumers
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:09:22 GMT

In version 5.1.0, we are seeing our queue consumers stop consuming for no
reason.
I have traced the problem to the cached store size in the
AbstractStoreCursor.
This value becomes 0 or negative and prevents the AbstractStoreCursor from
retrieving more messages from the store. (see
AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch() )
I have seen size value go lower than -1000.
I have also forced it to fix itself by sending in n+1 messages. Once the
size goes above zero, the cached value is refreshed and things work ok
again.

Unfortunately, I do not have a test case to give you guys yet. I am working
on it.

If anyone has any information on this issue, please let me know.
Thanks.