activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Slave broker out of sync with master
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:41:02 GMT

yinghe0101 wrote:

> hi,
> With the latest trunk, i still get the following:
> javax.jms.JMSException: Slave broker out of sync with master: Dispatched
> message (ID:yhe-3822-1216229856070-0:0:1:1:1) was not in the pending list
>
> thus the messageAck will fail because it is not in the dispatch list
>
> From some investigation, i found that the MessageDispatchNotification
> happens before the message is adding to the pending in
> PrefetchSubscription. The following order needs to be enforced ( slave
> adding message to pending-->slave get MessageDispatchNotification -->slave
> get MessageAck). somehow there is a race condition which breaks the sync
> between the slave and master
>
> I was trying to look into how the pending messages gets added on the
> slave, any explanation or suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.
>
> ying

Maybe this is related:

I've added some logging and found that the "remove temp destination" command
is never processed on the slave. I was suspecting that it arrives too late
and is ignored, but I don't understand it good enough, I guess.

Anyway, the result is that there are 3 threads created and never stopped for
every temporary queue.
One for the Queue, one for the consumer Topic and one for the producer
Topic.

(... or maybe I just made a configuration error)

Hans