activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Gillingham <rich...@richardgillingham.com>
Subject Re: NMS The world of Silverlight
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:09:41 GMT

Hello Jim

The Silverlight runtime is a subset of CLR - it's only 4.5Mb downloadable.

I've looked at the NMS assembly so far.

References to system.data (which aren't used anyway and are only there
because VS adds them by default) need to be removed because that is not
supported in SL.

After that point there are just two functions that won't compile in the
Utils.URI because they uses System.Collection.Specialized.StringDictionary
which again is not in the SL runtime. According to some doc StringDictionary
is meant to be there in Beta 2 but it's not :)

I might roll my own StringDictionary to close this off.  Then I'm hoping
ActiveMQ.dll will be as painless - which would be great.

kind regards

Richard