activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Reza Selim <seli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Applications of ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:58:48 GMT
Hi,

Thanks Mario for your response.

>>We use it to deliver and distribute business events to the
>>applications.
So in this case you are using publish-subscribe model of ActiveMQ. What are the 'applications'
used for, only to receive and process those events? If not or if they are some commercial
applications, could give some specific example?

>>Other than that we also use ActiveMQ for all our asynchronous
>>communications between applications (For the synchronous communication
>>we do use (soap) web-service). This greatly helps the simplicity and
>>reliability of our applications since i.e. a problem in an application
>>does not lead to downtime in the other applications.

So you are using here the point-to-point model of ActiveMQ, right. Again could you give some
more information and specific examples of 'applications'?

Selim

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Mohammad Reza Selim <selimbd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could some of this community tell me what type of business problems you are solving using
ActiveMQ? This is to get an idea of the real life applications of ActiveMQ.