activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Siegenthaler" <>
Subject Re: Applications of ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:34:27 GMT
Hi Selim
We use it to deliver and distribute business events to the
applications. Examples of such events are "person X has died" or
"valuation of the estate 123 has changed". We define a type
(xml-schema) per event-type and the application subscribe to the
events they're interested in. We do not use topics but queues with a
recipient list component, because we need a high reliability.

Other than that we also use ActiveMQ for all our asynchronous
communications between applications (For the synchronous communication
we do use (soap) web-service). This greatly helps the simplicity and
reliability of our applications since i.e. a problem in an application
does not lead to downtime in the other applications.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Mohammad Reza Selim <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Could some of this community tell me what type of business problems you are solving using
ActiveMQ? This is to get an idea of the real life applications of ActiveMQ.
>  Selim

View raw message