activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Madfrog <tzj...@gmail.com>
Subject How Producer Flow Control works in activeMQ 5.1
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:04:38 GMT

Dear sir:
        Non-persistent messages will eventually fill up the memory made
available for queues, and persistent messages will run out of allocated
storage space and both situations pose risks to the stability of the message
server and the entire distributed system. In order to ensure stability, many
JMS vendors implement ‘flow control’ mechanisms that limit resource
usage under heavy load.
        So, I search in the forum of ActiveMQ,and found this:
        As of ActiveMQ 5.0, we can now individually flow control each
producer on a shared connection without having to suspend the entire
connection. Messages that are sent synchronously will automatically use per
producer flow control in
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html.
        And I alse see the the ActiveMQMessageProducer code.
        However, I can not understand the flow control mechanism in
ActiveMQ,
        Could someone kind enough to help me? :)